How to join
If you have qualified with a QQI Level 6 Certifificate in Regional or National guiding or have qualified with a guiding Badge you are eligible to apply for membership Admission to membership is subject to board approval.
If you would like to join us we will need the following:
- Completed application form (available below).
- A copy of your QQI level 6 certificate / Guiding badge
- One 'passport style' photograph (800px by 800px) - but not a passport photograph per se, more a current head-shoulder shot possibly with a smile, representing you as a professional guide, this will be used for the ID and public profile picture.
- Certificate of language proficiency if you propose to guide in a foreign language (any language which is not your native language).
- Please note:Once your membership has been approved, an email will be sent to you with instructions of how to pay your membership fee.
- Once your membership fee is paid in full you will receive your welcome to ATGI email and your insurance cover will then begin.
Membership fee - for 2023 is €110. Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December 2023.
Please use our on-line Membership Application Form.
Please note: I am a professional tourist guide and work as the Membership Director on a voluntary basis.
Stephen Delaney - Membership Director - firstname.lastname@example.org