Membership of ATGI offers the following benefits and services:
- Our Book a Guide Service places guides on city, local and extended tours. Many overseas operators are now using this service to source guides and the service is free of charge to them.
- Members are listed in our annual Directory: ATGI issues a Directory of Approved Tourist Guides to the industry and their details are also posted on the website.
- Membership and Identity Card: ATGI is the only body issuing ID cards to approved tourist guides in Ireland.
- Insurance cover: Member-to-member personal accident and public liability insurance is included in our membership fee.
- On-going education: We have a commitment to on-going training and education, and throughout the off-season we organise regular lectures and day trips for our members. Lectures are free of charge to members and costs are kept to a minimum for day tours. We also organise Ongoing Professional Training (OPT) annually.
- Annual weekend: A weekend familiarisation trip takes place annually to gain a more in depth knowledge of selected areas. It is also an ideal opportunity to get to know your colleagues.
- Newsletter: A newsletter is issued periodically to all our members to update them on the latest events within the organisation and in the industry.
- Representation on the Steering Committee: ATGI is represented on the committee that regulates the tourism industry.