ATGI - Who Are We?
We can trace our roots back to 1977, to the establishment of FIGI (the Federation of Irish Guiding Interests). Founded to protect and promote the Profession of Tourist Guiding, Training and Development and to give Tourist Guides a voice in the Tourism Industry. Along the way we became AATGI (the Association of Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland) and now, quite simply, we are known as ATGI, Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland, a full member of FEG, the European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations and we are a full Member of WFTGA, the World Federation of Tourist Guides Organisations. Our name changed but our message remains the same, we are now representing over 400 qualifed and professional Tourist Guides from all over Ireland.
Our highly motivated members are enthusiastic professional tourist guides who lead, excite, educate and entertain a huge variety of clients in the cities, towns and countryside of the entire island of Ireland, in up to 20 languages.
Our members, who number 410 and counting, are:
- Fully Trained
- Accredited by the Irish Training Authority.
- Expert professional communicators
- Skilled in all aspects of tour management
- Fully Insured
- Committed to providing our clients with an unforgettable authentic experience of Ireland
- Experts in the history and culture of our land
- Up to date as we provide continuous professional training to all our members
And, most importantly,
- Fun! The 'Craic' is never far away with an ATGI Guide.
Become an ATGI Member
If you are a qualified tourist guide, you can find out about the benefits of joining ATGI, click here.