ATGI - Who Are We?
We can trace our roots to the establishment, in 1977, of FIGI (the Federation of Irish Guiding Interests). Along the way we became AATGI (the Association of Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland) and now, quite simply, we are known as ATGI, Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland, a full member of FEG, the European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations and we are a full Member of WFTGA, the World Federation of Tourist Guides Organisations.
Our highly motivated members are enthusiastic professional tourist guides who lead, excite, educate and entertain a huge variety of clients in the cities, towns and countryside of the entire island of Ireland, in up to 20 languages.
Our members, who number 386 and counting, are:
- Fully Trained
- Accredited by the Irish Training Authority.
- Expert professional communicators
- Skilled in all aspects of tour management
- Fully Insured
- Committed to providing our clients with an unforgettable authentic experience of Ireland
- Experts in the history and culture of our land
- Up to date (we provide continuous professional training to all our members)
And, most importantly,
- Fun! The 'Craic' is never far away with an ATGI Guide.
Become an ATGI Member
If you are a qualified tourist guide, you can find out about the benefits of joining ATGI, click here.